Watermelon is one of the best fruits for helping the body cleanse and release toxins. Drinking water is important for staying hydrated and flushing out waste, so its no surprise that watermelon has a diuretic effect due to it’s high water content (92%)! It also contains fiber, which removes waste in the colon, gluthaione to help improve liver function and a high concentration of lycopene – an important antioxidant.
In addition to watermelon, this recipe has cucumbers and celery (both around 95% water) with great salt minerals and vitamins. Mint, basil and cilantro are dense in phytonutrients and promote healthy digestion, contain anti-inflammatory properties and help protect the blood and body from free radical damage. The lemon and lime in this dish not only give it a nice flavor, but they are alkalizing and rich in nutrients.
- 4 cups Watermelon (cubed small)
- 1 cup Cucumber (chopped)
- 2 Stalks of Celery (diced)
- 1 handful of Basil (minced)
- 1 handful of Mint (minced)
- 1 handful of Cilantro (minced)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- Optional: A dash of Cayenne
- Gently mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and ENJOY! Xx
Share this Post