Hello and namaste beloved ones! This is going to be a quick blog post this week as I am leaving for Hawaii to host a Raw Food and Self-Empowerment with Laura Dawn from Happyandraw.com I am beyond grateful and excited for this adventure!
These sushi rolls are great way to get in some raw broccoli and because it’s processed really well in the food processed it’s easy on your digestive system. If you’re not a fan of broccoli, this might not be your thing but you can always add more avocado and lots of mango sauce to your rolls to balance out the flavor. I pretty much smother these rolls in mango sauce, soooooo good!! You can also use any sauce you like such as coconut aminos or an almond butter sauce.
Yields 4 Rolls
- 2 Mangos
- (optional a thumb of Ginger)
- 3 1/2 Cups of roughly chopped Broccoli (2 large heads)
- 4 small Zucchinis or 2 large (julienne)
- 5-6 Carrots (julienne)
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper (julienne)
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 4 Nori Sheets (I used Maine Coast Sea Vegetables Nori sheet and Emerald Cove Pacific Sushi Nori sheets, BOTH certified organic and not chewy like some nori sheets.)
- Blend the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Add the broccoli into a food processor and well pulse until “rice” like texture is acquired.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the avocado with a fork and add in lime juice.
- Gradually add in broccoli and mix well. This is your rice base for the rolls.
- For the sushi, place a nori sheet on a sushi mat or flexible cutting board if you don’t have a sushi one. You can also try using parchment paper, I’ve done it before, it works
- Starting from the bottom of the nori sheet, add the rice and gentle flatten down on nori sheet. Make sure the 3/4th of the sheet is covered.
- Fill the bottom of the spread with a long strip of veggies. I placed the vegetables in this order: spinach, zucchini, carrots then red bell peppers.
- Roll upwards from the bottom of the sheet (the edge that has filling on it) upward tightly, and seal the end with a bit of water if necessary.
- Repeat steps 6-8 using the remaining sheets. Cut all rolls into even bite size pieces and ENJOY!! Xx