Happy Taco Tuesday!!! When is comes to tacos, the possibilities are endless. Today I am sharing with you one of my recipes that can be enjoyed as a taco or even as a delicious hearty salad depending on your mood. That’s what I love about raw foods, it is so versatile! The tacos “shells” are made out of jicama which has a beautiful crispy crunchy texture when you bite into it raw. It has a mild sweet flavor but when dehydrated, that sweetness is much more pronounced and becomes soft and bendy, perfect to use as a taco shells! If you don’t have a dehydrator don’t worry… you don’t have to have one to enjoy this dish. Just add the stuffing on top and eat as a tostadas
- 2-3 X-Large Jicamas (peeled and sliced as thin as possible)
- 2 Cups Kale (shredded)
- 2 Cups Pineapple (diced)
- 2 Cups Zucchinni (diced)
- 2 Cups Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Cup Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (diced)
- 1/2 Avocado (diced)
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Tomatillos
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 – 1 cup Cilantro (depending on your taste)
- Place thinly sliced jicama pieces into a dehydrator for 3-4 hours (or until soft enough to fold) on 115 degrees.
- Add filling into a large bowl.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients together and pour over filling, mix well.
- When the jiamca is soft enough to fold, take out of the dehydrator, add filling, fold and ENJOY!! Xx