Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all have the opportunity to spend some time with loved ones this season. For a lot of people, the holidays are a perfect excuse to overindulge at meals, so why not add a raw alternative at this years dessert table? I’m sure you all know by now that I had a huge sweet tooth and growing up I ate every kind of candy imaginable. Well that sweet tooth didn’t fade away when I went on a raw diet, and I always try to recreate my favorite treats from childhood. No junk food here, only dates and carob, my go-to winning combination when I’m in the mood for a yummy satisfying chocolate dessert. Nature will always finds a way to provide us with what our body wants and needs. This recipe has only 4 ingredients, but has all the right flavors to remind you of truffles – without the milk, gluten and GMO soy. I’ve been making these once a week for the past month and love sharing them with friends and family. These are great to make for any occasion and I hope you’ll be sharing them with the ones you love!
Yields about 22
- 2 Cups Mulberries
- 1 lb Fresh Medjool Dates (pitted)
- 1/2 Cup Carob
- 22 Hazelnuts (soaked for 2 hours or more then dried with a towel)
- In a food processor, blend mulberries to a crumble and place into a bowl
- Add dates and carob into the food processor and blend into a gooey dough like texture.
- Roll a 1/2 inch ball in the palm of your hand, press in hazelnut, roll again, and then roll ball into mulberry crumble. You can eat these right away or store in the refrigerator. ENJOY! Xx