For the past month, I have been drinking green smoothies everyday loaded with parsley, cilantro and mint and, wow, my body has been loving it! In addition to using these herbs in smoothies, this “couscous” salad is another great way to incorporate them into a diet. These herbs are an acquired taste and can be quite strong, but mixing them into your diet is a great way to clear toxins from the body. They key for this recipe is to ensure all of the herbs and vegetables are finely chopped so each bite is packed with all the flavors! Parsley, for example, contains high levels of chlorophyll, which helps boost immunity, lower inflammation, and clear toxins. Cilantro, due to its natural cleansing compounds, it has the power to bind to toxic metals and pull them out of various tissues. Cilantro also helps with free radical production. Finally, mint is a great blood cleanser due to the fact that it is a high diuretic (which helps promote the production of urine). Mint also has soothing effects on the digestive tract and help cleanses the stomach!
Raw “Couscous” Salad
Yields 2 Salads
- 1 head Cauliflower (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh Parsley (stems removed & finely chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh Mint (stems removed & finely chopped)
- 1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro (stems removed & finely chopped)
- 1 cup Snap peas (unshelled)
- 4 Carrots (peeled and grated)
- 2 Orange bell peppers (diced)
- 2 Lemons
- A few slice cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Place chopped cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine crumbly texture that resembles couscous.
- Pour cauliflower in a large bowl and mix chopped herbs together.
- Add peas, carrots, and bell peppers.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over salad, garnish with tomatoes, and ENJOY! Xx