I loved eating sushi growing up, especially in college, I would eat it 2-3x a week! I was never aware or conscious about where my food came from or what it truly was. Our cosmic oceans are full of heavy metal contaminations and 75% of all ocean fisheries are either at their limits or are overfished. The oceans are under increasing threat, in part because of people’s choices of diet and in part because the population on this planet is growing exponentially. The choices we make have a direct influence on our global environment.
Fish are at 10% of their original numbers and many other types of marine life are being caught unintentionally from the dredging method or bottom trawling. Dredging is when big nets are thrown into the water to catch the fish they want, but anything in the ocean gets caught in these net, from dolphins to sharks, you name it. Bottom trawling nets are dragged across the bottom of the ocean with heavy weights that pull everything in, which means throwing out over 70% of the catch.
With that being said, there are so many other healthy alternatives to eating sushi! You can simple substitute fish with vegetables or take it all the way home by going raw which is the most nutritious and efficiency for your body to digest. Instead using of rices – which can irritate your intestinal lining and doesn’t provide a significant about of nutrients other than carbohydrates – I used zucchini. I loooooove my zucchini! It’s an amazing source of dietary fiber, manganese and vitamin C and so contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus. Yes, please!! And now here’s the recipe! <3
Yield 6 Rolls
- 1/2 Cup Mangos
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 1 Thumbnail Ginger
- 1 Small Handful Cilantro
- 2 Large Zucchinis (or 3 small ones)
- 6 Nori sheets (I used Maine Coast Sea Vegetables Nori sheet and Emerald Cove Pacific Sushi Nori sheets, BOTH certified organic and not chewy like some nori sheets.)
- 6 Scallions (green parts only)
- 3 Celery Stalks (sliced lengthwise)
- 2 Carrots (shredded or grated)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 1/2 Cups Baby Kales
- 1/2 Bunch Dandelion Greens
- Blend all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- For the sushi, place a nori sheet on a sushi mat or flexible cutting board if you don’t have a sushi one. You can also try using parchment paper, I’ve done it before, it works ;)
- Take “rice” and gentle flatten down on nori sheet. Make sure the 3/4th of the sheet is thinly covered.
- Fill the bottom of the spread with a long strip of veggies. I placed down the vegetables in this order: carrots, baby kale, dandelion greens, scallions, celery then red bell peppers.
- Roll upwards from the bottom of the sheet (the edge that has filling on it) upward tightly, and seal the end with a bit of water if necessary.4. Repeat, using the remaining sheet. Cut all rolls into even bite size pieces and ENJOY!! Xx
The perception of me vs. you is a heavy, dense and egoistic energy of the 3rd dimension. It is a great illusion that plagues humanity with separation. NOW is the perfect time for us to ascend, to feel the great pouring of energy upon the planet here available for us now to see that there only US: […][Continue reading...]
Hello beautiful world! I know I probably say this too often when I put up a new recipe, but my goodness, this might be my favorite dessert I’ve made to date :D (pun intended!) These flavors explode in your mouth and the texture of the mulberry crumble on top adds the perfect touch to this dish. I was inspired […][Continue reading...]
Summer is here and the plants are thriving this season. Some of the produce I have been picking up has been epic, right at ripe peakness for better nutrients and better digestion. I am so grateful for all these beautifully grown and harvested foods to nourish our bodids with. What we consume and being mindful as we eat matters!! This dish is loaded with so many […][Continue reading...]
Hello Everyone! Summer is officially here and what better way to celebrate than by sharing the joy of berry season with the ones you love! I am just head-over-heels for this time of the year. Getting together with friends and family for outside gatherings in the sun creates some of the best memories. As you […][Continue reading...]
Hello beloved ones🙏🏻 I like to stay focused on the positives but I also believe it is important to spread the truth so that we may improve upon a circumstancestance and awaken others to see the light. This is how we begin to shift the world into a higher vibration. Mercy For Animals just came […][Continue reading...]
Hello! I use WordPress here on my blog and have recently discovered there is a WordPress App for the iPhone. That just made my life so much easier to keep everyone in the loop with my recipes and spiritual messages I write through my Instagram. I will be adding more postings on here and I’m […][Continue reading...]
Listening to your body is critical for health in all dimensions of your life. When people blatantly ignore signs of discomfort – whether it’s some form of pain, ache, fatigue, negative emotion, etc. – they are choosing to do a disservice to their physical vessel that only wants to heal and excel. Not only that, […][Continue reading...]
Ahh just one of the many many things I love about raw foods, the COLORS! So bright, vivid and full of life and nutrients! What’s not to love? These little parfaits are made with pitaya (aka red dragon fruit), which gives them that gorgeus magenta color. For this recipe I used Pitaya Plus, which is an organic […][Continue reading...]